'Oh Christmas tree, oh Christmas tree, how frustrating are thy branches...!'
We've all experienced the odd festive blunder or two. Whether it's a Christmas tree fail like the ones below, leaving the turkey in for a little too long or getting caught putting Santa's gifts underneath the tree, a few holiday mishaps each year are practically a Christmas tradition of their own.
From trees that are too big to fit into the house to furry friends wanting to get in on the fun, we've rounded up some of the funniest Christmas tree fails on the internet. Get ready for a giggle with these hilarious holiday decorating mishaps...
1. Oh dear! Hey, we've all done it...
2. 'That cat ornament is so life-like...'
3. And this is why it's a good idea to check the lights BEFORE you string them up
4. Cat owners can relate!
5. This is what happens when you let the children decorate on their own
This was the first year I let the kids have a go at decorating the tree themselves and I'll have to admit it was probably a couple of years too early! Bless them for trying, they loved it and it was fun to watch but the tree looks a complete state and one of my original baubles from my first tree is now lying in more than one piece. They are asleep now so excuse me while I go redress the tree and look for superglue......!! #christmastreefail #thekidsdidit #atleasttheytried
6. 'It wasn't me, I swear!'
7. Why you should always remember to water your tree
8. This isn't going to end well...
9. And you thought that fake trees were fool-proof...
10. A valuable lesson about decorating trees with toddlers in the house
11. 'It will DEFINITELY fit... or maybe not
12. 'Are you SURE everything is plugged in?'
Have you experienced any funny Christmas tree fails? Share them with us on social media using #goodliving. And don't forget to pick up all your holiday decorations and Christmas tree ornaments from Asda.