Calling all Halloween fans and keen cake decorators… This spooky season, we're asking for your best tricks and treats as part of our ultimate Asda Halloween party cake competition.
Send us your design for the scariest Halloween cake of all time for the chance to have your creepy cake featured in the Halloween issue of Good Living. But hurry - the competition closes soon!
Here's how it works...
- Send us a drawing of the terrifying Halloween cake design (after you read our terms and conditions, of course)
- Bake Off's Briony will pick a winner
- Briony will recreate the winning cake
- The winner will attend the photoshoot and meet Briony and our industry-leading food photographer
Think witches, wolves, cobwebs, cauldrons, spiders, skeletons, blood, bats - whatever haunts your darkest nightmares - and get designing.
The winning cake will be recreated by Bake Off's brilliant Briony, and will feature in Good Living's October issue amongst the rest of our Halloween recipes and party inspo, as well as across our Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest pages (please check our terms and conditions below before entering).
How to enter
Keen to show us your hellish ideas? Enter by sending us a drawing of your cake idea together with your name and email address. Please note, entrants must be aged 17 years or over at time of entry.
Please send all entries to firstname.lastname@example.org with the email title "Cake Competition".
Please include as much detail about your cake as you can. The drawing should fill as much of an A4 piece of paper as possible. Feel free to add notes and to include written text describing the cake alongside your entry. Don't forget to think about flavours, fillings, key ingredients, decorations, the works. And of course - remember to make it as creepily creative as you dare!
The closing date for entries is 22 July 2019, so it's time to start brainstorming.
The winning cake feature will appear in the October issue which will be available in Asda stores from 1 October 2019. We will also release a video on our social channels showing off the winner's designs and day at the photoshoot. Good luck!
Here's an example of what we're looking for:
What you win
The winning cake will be chosen by Briony herself, and her recreation of your terrifying treat will feature in the October issue of Asda Good Living. It may even appear on the cover!
The winner and a guest will travel to London to attend a one-day cake photoshoot, to be held on a date between 29 July and 3 August (date depending on the availability of the winner).
The winner and guest will receive lunch and snacks on the photoshoot day, as well as accommodation in a London hotel, close to the shoot, on the night before the photoshoot.
Terms and conditions:
- The winning cake will be chosen by Briony Williams. Her decision is final.
- The competition runs from 00:01 on 28 June until midnight on 22 July. Any entries received outside of this time will not be considered in the competition.
- The winner will be announced at 5pm on 23rd July on Asda's Instagram, Instagram stories, Facebook and Twitter accounts.
- The winner must be available to attend the photoshoot on one day from 29 July to 3 August for a photoshoot in London.
- The competition is open to entrants aged 17 years and over.
- If the entrant is under the age of 18, they must be accompanied by a guardian.
- Competition open to all residents of the UK.
- Only entries sent to email@example.com with the email title "Cake competition" will be considered.
- Only entries including the full name, email address, and annotated cake design will be accepted.
- The prize consists of: Return economy rail travel to London-based photoshoot for the winner and one guest (one of whom must be above 18 years of age by 29 July 2019). Attend a food photoshoot with a top food photographer in London. Lunch for the winner and guest and a night's stay at a London hotel, sharing a double or twin-standard room.
- Private car will be provided between station and hotel, and hotel and photoshoot.
- The prize does not include any other travel, expenses, drinks or spending money outside of that detailed in the prize.
- The prize promoter is Asda, Asda House, Great Wilson Street, Leeds, LS11 5AD.
- The winner must disclose any dietary requirements and allergies before 29 July 2019.
- The prize winner may be required to participate in and give their consent to related publicity including their names and photographs being used for promotional purposes and/or reasonable requests to take part in publicity.
- The winner and their guest must ask permission before posting any pictures taken on the shoot, both by themselves or the photographer, onto any social media channels.
- One entry per person.
To find out how Asda looks after your personal information and your Privacy rights, please visit our Privacy Centre.
We have provided more information on how we use your details here.