The constant beeping of your smartphone, the urgent emails popping up last thing at night and that endless mental list of chores you never seem to get around to. Modern life can be stressful and make you feel a little overwhelmed.
Plan your day out in advance - get out your outfit the night before and take a few moments to think about what you need to do the next day.
Here are some very simple ways to relieve the stress and lose the weight from your shoulders
1. Take a few deep breaths - it will give you a burst of oxygen, which will instantly relieve tension. It will also give you a chance to think - they don't call it breathing space for nothing.
2. Go outside - even if you're busy, just taking a quick walk around the block can give you a little perspective.
3. Read a good book - last thing at night, if you're mind's whirring, just read for a while. It will transport you to another place and allow you to sleep more easily.
4. Write a 'to do' list. If you're constantly feeling stressed about all the things you have to get done, just putting them down on paper gets them out of your head and seem instantly more manageable.
5. Compliment someone else - it takes the focus off you and, ultimately, make you happier because you've brightened someone else's day.
6. Call or catch up with a good friend.
7. Take one thing at a time - you can't do everything in a day so focus on what you can achieve and work through the list, one thing at a time.
8. Take a long bubble bath
9. Say 'no' to things you don't want to do - it means you won't have to worry about making your excuses at a later date.
10. Ask for help - it's okay to not know everything.
11. Realise there are some things you can't control.
12. Listen to your favourite songs - make a playlist, stick it on at full volume, dance like no one's watching.
13. Try something new - that could be a new exercise class, a new hobby, or a new route to work.
14. Keep a bullet journal, where you can write down your thoughts, plans, tasks, reminders and more.
15. Clean out a cupboard - it's amazing what a little decluttering can achieve.
16. Repair or fix one thing - like that bulb that went in the hallway six months ago, or the hem on your favourite work trousers.
17. Don't rely on your memory - write it down.
18. Buy yourself flowers and take time to smell them.
19. Play with a pet - borrow a friend's if necessary. Animals are the best stress relievers.
20. Watch a funny viral video.
21. Book a holiday - even if it's just a weekend somewhere, it will be something to look forward to.
22. Plan your day out in advance - get out your outfit the night before and take a few moments to think about what you need to do the next day.
23. Treat yourself - whether it's to a new candle, a new lippy, or a hot chocolate with marshmallows. You deserve it.
24. Believe in yourself.
25. Remember, don't be so hard on yourself. You're doing your best.