The Great British Bake Off is the gift that keeps on giving! It has the whole nation sat on the edge of their seats every Wednesday and thousands feel compelled to take to Twitter to share their #GBBO feelings. We couldn't resist rounding up our favourite tweets from this year's competition - we guarantee they'll give you all the lols...
1. Selasi melted hearts across the country
“Find a guy to pine over you the way Selasi pines over bread.” We can dream!
2. Mary Berry left The Tent on a motorbike
And Paul Hollywood took up skateboarding...
he was a sk8er boy she said see you l8er boy pic.twitter.com/oLd3uN2nwh— harvey (@harveymurrayy) August 24, 2016
3. An awkward photo reminds us of that situation we've all been in
well this killed me pic.twitter.com/wNlEkEBMUf— · (@deadbeaut) August 26, 2016
4. The competition was pretty fierce. It would be hard not to feel intimidated!
5. Viewers were devastated when Val left
6. The nation went into meltdown when it was announced that Bake Off was leaving the BBC
Things will never quite be the same.
Bake Off leaving BBC is like your dad leaving mum. You still get to see him but in a flat above a Dominos with deckchairs instead of a sofa.— Rhys James (@rhysjamesy) September 12, 2016
7. People did not take well to Paul Hollywood abandoning his crew and the BBC to move to Chanel 4
I'm lucky I live in a rough area so the 2016 #GBBO riots shouldn't reach me.— Fromage a trois (@Paul_Hawkins83) September 12, 2016
8. And it won't be the same without Mel and Sue!
9. Rumours came out that the BBC would create a "new" but similar cooking show
“Up next on BBC1, Mel and Sue present a completely new show, 'Cakes in a Tent'”— Janine Gibson (@janinegibson) September 13, 2016