Looking for some magical Easter egg decorations on a budget? Get the whole family crafting and learn how to make these fun and colourful cobweb eggs. Simple to create and using just three items, they're sure to make Easter eggs-tra special.
Check out our easy how-to video now:
You will need:
- In a large shallow bowl, mix a glue solution of one part PVA glue to one part water.
- Gradually add the embroidery thread in a circular motion to avoid getting it tangled. Make sure to leave a small piece of thread hanging out the side of the bowl so that you can easily grab it later.
- Ensure that the thread is completely covered in the glue. You can do this by patting the thread with a spoon.
- Partly inflate a balloon to the size you want your cobweb egg and hold it with one hand over the bowl.
- Grabbing the end of the thread, place it under your index finger on the balloon to hold in place and begin winding the PVA-soaked thread around the balloon. Create a web by twisting the balloon as you go and changing direction often.
- Peg the cobweb egg somewhere safe to dry, leaving it for 48 hours.
- Once dry, carefully burst the balloon within the egg with scissors, removing the balloon reminants through the holes. Violá, perfect egg shaped cobwebs!
- Want to fill them with goodies? Cut a small hole in the base and fill with mini treats for a truly magical Easter.
Don't forget to share your crafty creations with us by using #goodliving