As of tomorrow (Thursday February 2) you’ll be able to buy tickets to Ed Sheeran’s 2017 tour in support of his new album, Divide.
"His self-proclaimed 'best work to date', Ed's third studio album, is set to have 'a lot more heart' than his previous records"
Ed’s third studio album, which is set to hit the shelves on March 3 this year, will include his latest hits including the likes of Shape of You and Castle on the Hill.
There will also be new songs including Eraser, Dive, Perfect, Galway Girl and Supermarket Flowers.
The star only recently came back into our lives this year, after 365 days out of the music game when he set off to travel the world to 'see everything he’s missed’.
But the 25-year-old has started the new year with a bang, as he's already had a number one hit. At the beginning of the year, both his new songs held the number one and two positions in the UK, while Shape of You landed the singer his first number one in the US.
His self-proclaimed 'best work to date', Ed's third studio album, is set to have 'a lot more heart' than his previous records. He said: "First off, what a week! The reaction to my new singles has been absolutely mind-blowing and I can’t thank you enough. My new album, Divide, holds a very special place in my heart and I really believe this is my best work to date.
"I’ve been eager to get back and I couldn’t be more excited for March 3."
Ed's tour kicks off from March when he will be touring Europe, and in May, he's off to South and Central America.
The UK and Ireland dates announced are as follows:
- Wed 12 April – 3 Arena, Dublin
- Thu 13 April – 3 Arena, Dublin
- Sun 16 April – SSE Hydro, Glasgow
- Mon 17 April – SSE Hydro, Glasgow
- Wed 19 April – Metro Radio Arena, Newcastle
- Thu 20 April – Metro Radio Arena, Newcastle
- Sat 22 April – Manchester Arena
- Sun 23 April – Manchester Arena
- Tue 25 April – Motorpoint Arena, Nottingham
- Wed 26 April – Motorpoint Arena, Nottingham
- Fri 28 April – Barclaycard Arena, Birmingham
- Sat 29 April – Barclaycard Arena, Birmingham
- Mon 1 May – The O2 Arena, London
- Tue 2 May – The O2 Arena, London
Tickets go on general sale at 10am on Thursday February 2 from vendors including, Seetickets, Myticket, Alttickets, Axs.com, Ticketmaster and Gigantic.
The support act for UK and Ireland dates has yet to be announced but in the US, Ed will be supported by James Blunt.
Ed, the musical genius, recently released his nostalgic music video for Castle on the Hill, which was filmed in his hometown of Framlingham, Suffolk. The video journeys back to his teenage years, following him and a group of his friends who went to his school.