You've spent weeks saving up for tickets and dreaming about seeing your favourite artists perform live. Now that festival season is in full swing, make the most out of your experience with these clever festival tips. Because while there are certain festival aspects that you can't control (like the rain!), there are plenty of others that could make or break your weekend. From what to pack to how to find your tent after a day of partying, these festival tips are essential reading for any festival goer. These are the genius hacks that will help you skip the lines, stay dry and keep your belongings safe. Not to mention, avoid festival upsets like being sunburnt or finding yourself in the loos without any toilet paper! Discover 10 genius festival tips below...
1. Buy a portable phone charger. Your phone WILL run out of batteries and all of the charging stations are bound to be overcrowded.
2. Keep a stash of tissues with you at all times. Great for wiping dirty hands, amazing for when the loos have run out of toilet paper.
3. Bring a bum bag. Admittedly, not the coolest of accessories but it is one of the best ways to keep your wallet and phone safe and accessible.
4. Stock up on snacks. You’ll want to keep your energy levels up and the long lines for food could cause you to miss a performance, plus festival prices tend to be super expensive.
5. Arrange a meet-up spot. Chances are at some point you will get separated from your mates or your phone battery will die, so designate an easy-to-get-to landmark or festival area as your group meet-up spot.
6. A giant pack of baby wipes will be your best friend. Use them for everything. Just don't forget to create a makeshift bin when you arrive so you can ensure you leave the site tidy and eco-friendly when it's time to ship out.
7. Make a flag for your tent. That way when you’re stumbling back ‘home,’ you’ll be able to spot your tent quickly and easily from the crowd. Not so crafty? Even an Asda Bag for Life tied to a stick will do the trick!
8. Bring extra socks. And pants. Oh and a rain jacket. Trust us, you’ll want something clean and dry to wear on the trip home.
9. An Asda Bag for Life will be your rainy day saviour. Re-use a plastic bag to keep wet shoes and clothing away from clean items, keep phones dry, or if you left your rain boots at home, you can turn two bags into wellies with a bit of tape!
10. Don’t forget the SPF! You’re going to be outside all day and it’s easy to get sunburnt when you’re busy having fun.