If you're too comfy in your snug new Christmas pyjamas to even think about getting off the sofa and heading into town to bag a bargain, then why not just stay indoors and shop the January sales online instead?
When shopping for clothes and accessories, opt for classic cuts and colours that won't date
With no need to hunt for a parking space, or corral the kids, you'll have more time to suss out the best discounts.
That doesn't mean it's foolproof, though - you can still fall into the same traps, like splurging on items you don't really need just because of the amazing discount, or buying a sparkly mini-dress that could well be out of fashion in 12 months' time.
So here are our top tips to shopping the January sales like a total pro.
1. Register for emails from your favourite brands in advance: Sign up to newsletters from your fave brands and you'll be notified as soon as their sales start - meaning you'll hopefully be ahead of the game. The newsletters will also usually highlight any stand-out deals on offer.
2. Have a budget in mind and stick to it: Because we all know how easy it is to pop things in your shopping basket online and forget it's real money you're spending!
3. Make a mental list of what you need: The danger is when you just start browsing. If you have a clear idea of what you need in advance, it will stop you getting distracted by less essential items like, oh you know, new shoes (although let's be fair, you can never have too many pairs of shoes).
4. Ask yourself why you're buying it: "Don't be tempted just because of the savings," Red Online Fashion Editor Roanna Price told us, "I always double the price and ask myself would I still want it as much then?"
5. Start with big ticket items where the discounts will be more significant: Electrical items like TVs and games consoles, or standing mixers and coffee machines, are where you tend to see the biggest reductions. With your budget and list in mind, start with these items as they'll be the first to go!
6. Think classic and timeless: Instead of that on-trend faux fur coat, opt for a classic camel overcoat that will still look chic come December 2017. "If you’re shopping for clothes or accessories, go for investment pieces in classic colours that will never go out of style", says Roanna Price.
7. Buy from brands where you're sure of your size: The one downside of sale shopping online is that you can't try before you buy (although that is negated by the obvious upsides like staying in bed instead of battling the hordes). To minimise the need for returns, stick to the shops where you're fairly sure of quality and sizing.
8. Play the long game: You may not want to see another piece of tinsel right now, but the festive sales are often the best time to get bargains on Christmas lights, crackers and games that will be back to full price in 10 months' time. So, think ahead. Yes, really. If you have birthdays or special celebrations coming up during the year, you could also plan ahead and pick up some bargain gifts ahead of time.
9. Have a refresh: The sales after Christmas are a great time to treat yourself to some new bedding. January is all about starting the year with a spring in your step, so why not treat yourself to some new sheets, or pillows, or a new duvet cover at a discount?
10. Do your research: One of the benefits of online shopping is you can compare prices for products across different shops. That way, even if you do find yourself having to pop into town, you'll already know where to find the best bargains, meaning you can get in and out fast.