October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and we want to normalise checking breasts and pecs of all shapes and sizes!
So, whether you want to bake some boobs to eat as a treat, donate to a charity bake sale or give as a gift to remind others to check their breasts, try whipping up a batch of these cupcakes...
What you will need
- 500g pack Asda Scoop & Bake Chocolate Flavoured Cake Mix
- 400g pack Asda Salted Caramel Frosting
- 400g fondant icing
- 2tbsp icing sugar, for dusting
- 1tbsp instant espresso powder, dissolved in 1tsp boiling water
- Dr. Oetker Extra Strong Food Colour Gel in Pink, Red and Yellow
- Silver ball cake decorations (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6. Fill a 12-hole muffin tin with paper cases.
- Divide the cake mix between the paper cases and bake according to the pack instructions. Leave to cool in the tray for 10 mins, then transfer to a wire rack to cool fully.
- Top each cake with 1 heaped tbsp of the salted caramel frosting and smooth into a dome shape using a round-bladed knife.
- Divide the fondant into 6 pieces and knead each one briefly to soften it. Add a small drop of food gel or coffee to each ball, blending the colours to create different skin tones. Knead each piece of fondant until it is a uniform colour.
- On a work surface lightly dusted with icing sugar, roll each piece of fondant out to 3mm thick. Cut out 2 x 9cm circles using a plain round cookie cutter, and reserve the offcuts. Repeat with the other colours until you have 12 circles. Set aside.
- Knead a little more colour gel or coffee into each of the offcuts, to get a darker shade. Roll out to 3mm thick and cut out 12 smaller circles in varying sizes, reserving the offcuts. Set aside. Use the offcuts to make nipple shapes.
- Smooth the large circles of fondant over the frosted cakes, then top each one with a smaller circle, in a darker colour – dabbing the base with a little water will help it to stick in place. Finally, finish with a nipple the same colour as a smaller circle – stick it on with a dab of water and create a hole in the top with a cocktail stick. To add a fun "pierced" nipple effect, decorate with a silver ball on each side.