Our food editor Gregor McMaster gets handy with a frying pan to share the secrets behind making the perfect pancakes.
You will need
Makes 10 traditional, thin pancakes
Follow our step-by-step pancake recipe
1. Sift the flour into a large mixing bowl and make a well in the centre with a wooden spoon.
2. Break the eggs into the well. Add 75ml milk and the oil. Gradually draw in the flour with a wire whisk.
3. Gradually add the rest of the milk, whisking gently to a thick, smooth batter. Rest in the fridge for 30 mins.
4. Soak a piece of crumpled kitchen paper in oil and use it to grease a small, nonstick frying pan.
5. Heat the pan to medium. Add just enough batter to coat the base thinly. Swirl to cover completely.
6. Cook for about 30 secs until golden. Flip using a fish slice, cook the other side and slide onto a plate.
Then: Repeat until all the batter is used, greasing the pan again if you need to. Serve with sugar and lemon juice, if you like.
Making them ahead? To reheat, stack on an ovenproof plate, cover with foil and warm through in the oven at 180C/160C Fan/Gas 4 for 10 mins. Or cover the plate with clingfilm and microwave, on high, for 1 min.
Each pancake (63g) contains: