'Tis the season for wooly jumpers, snow angels, and adorable, Christmassy bakes!
Whether you're opting for a traditional fruit Christmas cake for your table this holiday season, or fancy trying something a bit more modern (check out our no-bake coconut chocolate truffle igloo cake), you'll need some cutesy decorations to round off your bake.
Think snowflakes, penguins and presents made out of icing, or how about one of these adorable polar bear figures?
Made with just three simple ingredients, you can rustle up a sweet little bear to keep guard over your cake and scare off anyone who's tempted to dig in before the big day..!
To make the polar bear, you'll need…
- 75g Regal-Ice Ready To Roll White Icing
- Food colouring in black and blue
- Icing sugar, to dust
1. Lightly knead 65g of the white icing. Using a little icing sugar to dust, roughly mould the icing into a chunky triangle shape measuring about 7cm high and 4cm wide at the base.
2. Cut a 1cm square chunk out of the middle bottom edge to form the legs then shape the icing into a sitting polar bear. Leave to dry for 30 mins.
3. Scratch little lines into the icing with the tip of a cocktail stick to look like fur.
4. For the gift, colour the remaining icing pale blue and shape into a cube.
5. Using a little black food colouring, add eyes, claws and a small nose to the bear, and carefully add ribbons and a bow to the present. Allow to dry.
6. Wet one side of the gift with a dab of water and stick it to the front of the bear, between its paws.
7. Allow to dry completely before using to decorate your cake.
Find our recipe for this no-bake coconut chocolate truffle igloo cake here.