Lebanese style french beans
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely sliced
- 2 tsp cumin seeds lightly crushed
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- 1 bay leaf (dried or fresh)
- 400g can Asda chopped tomatoes
- 1tsp sugar
- 400g Asda Growers selection green beans, trimmed
Place the oil in a large saucepan. Over a medium heat, add the onion and fry for 2-3 minutes until softened but not coloured, add the garlic and cumin seeds to the pan and fry for a further minute.
Add the cinnamon stick, bay leaf, chopped tomatoes and sugar, bring to the boil and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
Add the green beans and stir through the sauce. Allow to simmer for 4-5 minutes until the beans are just tender. Serve immediately.