Looking for a pancake recipe that comes with a twist?
Then look no further. Alix from My Kitchen Drawer has whipped up what might possibly be the best pancake creation ever! We give you...Pancake Tacos!
Using pancakes to act as the 'taco' Alix has chosen to fill these bite-sized goodies with chocolate spread and bananas along with another option of yoghurt and berries. Whether you choose to eat them for breakfast, lunch or dinner, check out Alix's recipe below...
- 1 banana
- 125ml milk
- 1 egg
- 175g self-raising flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp melted butter for cooking
- Fresh berries
- Greek Yoghurt
- Chocolate Spread
- Mash the banana in a bowl, then add the milk and egg and whisk together.
- In a separate bowl, sift the flour and baking powder.
- Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture and whisk until you have a smooth batter.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and add a 1tsp of butter. When it’s melted, pour in the batter one at a time (or two if you have a large frying pan).
- Wait until the top of the pancake begins to bubble, then turn it over. Cook until both sides are golden brown.
- Leave the pancakes in a warm oven whilst the others are cooking. They’ll need to stay warm in order to be folded into tacos.
- To serve, fold the pancakes into taco shapes and fill with your choice of toppings. We’ve opted for yoghurt and berries. Then honey, chocolate spread and banana.
Inspired to create Pancake Tacos? Pick up all the ingredients you need and more online at Adsa.