Hot chocolate is one of life's greatest pleasures.
And this Christmas, we think we've found the easiest, tastiest and most Insta-worthy take on the warming classic.
Introducing the wonderful Alix from My Kitchen Drawer's ultimate hot chocolate recipe, complete with a melting 'Christmas pudding' bomb.
Check out the recipe below and don't forget to tag us in any of your recreations!
- 100g Asda extra special Madagascan dark chocolate
- 50g Asda extra special Madagascan vanilla white chocolate
- 6 tsp Asda Extra Special Fairtrade indulgent Drinking Chocolate
- Asda pink and white marshmallows
- Asda Holly and Berries Christmas Sprinkles
1. Chop up the dark chocolate then put ¾ into a bowl to melt in the microwave or in a bowl over a pan of simmering water. Heat until fully melted then bring out and add the ¼ of chopped chocolate and stir it through to temper the chocolate mixture.
2. Place a tablespoon of chocolate into each sphere silicone mould using a food-safe brush, brush a thin layer to cover the mould and leave to set in the freezer. Repeat with a second layer to ensure it’s thick enough and then once chilled peel them out of the mould and leave on a clean surface ready to be filled and decorated.
3. Fill half of the spheres with 2 teaspoons of indulgent drinking chocolate and a small handful of mini marshmallows then Pipe some melted chocolate around the rim of the chocolate spheres and attach the second sphere on top, pressing together gently to seal in the fillings.
3. To decorate melt down the white chocolate and pour it into a piping bag. Snip the end and carefully pipe the white chocolate across the top of the spheres and top with 2 holly leaves and some berries from the Asda Holly and Berries Christmas sprinkles.
4. Heat up some milk and pour into a wide mug large enough for the bomb to fit in, then place the bomb into the hot milk and watch as it melts and creates the ultimate Christmas hot chocolate.