Step aside pasta sheets, there's a new lasagne in town! While we love a big slice of lasagne for dinner - whether it's a simple make-ahead recipe or a slightly more exotic pumpkin and cheese version - who says you can't keep the party going with dessert? To celebrate National Lasagne Day on July 29th, go on and try something extra special with these sweet lasagne recipes. Dessert lasagnes are already making waves overseas with one New York City bakery selling out of the delicious treat in just two days, while Sydney cafe Tella Balls Dessert Bar almost broke the internet when they released their layered Nutella creation. And it just takes one quick look at Pinterest to see sweet lasagne recipes all over the place!
It may sound a little strange, but sweet lasagnes actually make total sense. A lasagne is really just a selection of ingredients and flavours, layered between pasta sheets. So if you replace those pasta sheets with something sweeter - such as pancakes, biscuits or granola - and add in some creamy yoghurt, whipped cream or juicy fruits, then you've got a wonderfully tasty dish! Check out three tasty treats below and see why the internet is going loco for lasagne recipes with a deliciously sweet twist. From a light yoghurt and fresh fruit creation (that would work equally well for breakfast as for dessert) to a decadent banana and caramel treat to a chocolate lover's dream, these are the sweet lasagne recipes you have to try!
Fresh fruit lasagne
- Spread some Asda greek yoghurt over the base of a medium gratin dish, top with some sliced strawberries, raspberries and blueberries.
- Drizzle a few spoonfuls of runny honey over the fruit and top with some more greek yoghurt, repeat this process until your dish is full - you want to end on a yoghurt layer.
- Finish your fruity lasagne by scattering some Asda Good and Balanced multigrain fruity granola over the top. Serve immediately.
Banoffee banana and pancake lasagne
- Whip some double cream to soft peak stage. Slice some ripe bananas.
To assemble your banoffee lasagne, spoon some double cream into a round dish slightly larger than your pancakes, top with some sliced bananas and spoon over some Asda Extra Special salted caramel sauce, then layer on 1 Asda Bakers Selection sweet pancake.
Repeat this process until your dish is full, ending on a pancake.
Spoon some more cream over the top and scatter over some grated Asda Chosen By You milk chocolate. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours or overnight before serving.
- Crush a pack of Oreo cookies in a food processor.
- Put half in the bottom of a ceramic dish.
- Drizzle over a little chocolate sauce.
- In a separate bowl, beat together equal quantities of mascarpone and soft cheese with a spoonful of icing sugar.
- Spoon half on top of the biscuits. Repeat with another layer of each.
- Dust with cocoa powder and top with some hand-crushed Oreos.
- Chill until ready to serve.
Tickle your tastebuds tonight with a sweet lasagne recipe. Get all the ingredients you need at Asda.