Throwing a Bonfire Night party, or a Halloween gathering? Then you'll need some drinks inspiration. These tasty tipples are ideal for any chilly evening and are sure to please a crowd...
Bring the campfire to life with this indulgent cocktail of sticky marshmallow and smooth chocolate Baileys.
Serves 4 Ready in 15mins Price per serving 94p
- 1tbsp chocolate sauce
- 2 rich tea biscuits, finely crushed
- 2tsp cocoa powder
- 50ml Bailey’s Chocolat luxe
- 50ml vodka
- 20ml single cream
- 4 Asda classic flavour marshmallows
1. Squeeze the chocolate sauce onto a plate, dip the rim of the glasses in the sauce and then in the biscuit crumbs. Place in the freezer.
2. In a large jug, whisk together the cocoa powder, Irish cream, vodka, single cream and a handful of ice cubes. Pour into the glasses, sieving out the ice.
3. Place the marshmallows on skewers and lightly toast over a flame.
4. Place a marshmallow skewer in each glass and serve.
Blackberry hot toddy
Blackberries give this classic tipple a seasonal twist. (pictured below, left)
Serves 4 Ready in 10mins Price per serving 92p
- 100g blackberries, plus a few for garnish
- 75ml bourbon whiskey
- 1tsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 100ml hot, mild brewed tea
- 1 lemon, cut into 4 wedges
1. Crush the blackberries with the back of a fork and pass through a sieve into a bowl. Add the bourbon, sugar, vanilla, tea and lemon and stir until the sugar has dissolved.
2. Run a lemon wedge along rim of the glass and fill with the prepared drink, ensuring each glass has a wedge of lemon and a blackberry to garnish.
HARRY POTTER BUTTERBEER
Prepare to be transported to The Three Broomsticks with this Harry Potter-inspired cocktail. (pictured below, right)
Serves 4 Ready in 15mins Price per serving 24p
- 100ml whipping cream
- 1tbsp golden syrup
- 200ml Asda no added sugar diet ginger beer, chilled
- 135ml Asda diet cream soda, chilled
- 50ml toffee flavor dessert sauce, plus extra to drizzle
- 100ml evaporated semi-skimmed milk
1. Whisk together the cream and golden syrup until thick and fluffy.
2. In a jug, mix together the ginger beer, cream soda, toffee sauce and evaporated milk.
3. Spoon the cream into the base of the glasses and gently pour the butterbeer on top, allowing the cream to float to the top.
Salted caramel and rum hot chocolate
Smooth caramel and rich hot chocolate perfectly compliment each other to create your new favourite cocktail. (pictured below, left)
Serves 4 Ready in 10mins Price per serving £1.02
- 600ml skimmed milk
- 30g Asda reduced sugar instant hot chocolate
- 75ml golden rum
- 4 scoops Asda extra special Cornish sea salted caramel ice cream
1. Heat the milk in a pan over a medium heat until it starts to simmer.
2. Divide the hot chocolate powder between the mugs and gradually add the hot milk, stirring constantly until you have a smooth drink. Mix in a shot of rum into each glass.
3. Top each drink with a scoop of ice cream and serve immediately.
PUMPKIN SPICE AND POPCORN FREAKSHAKE
Celebrate the arrival of pumpkin spice season with this ultimate shake. (pictured below, right)
Serves 6 Ready in 15mins Price per serving £1.28
- 500ml milk
- 100ml double cream
- 4tbsp tinned pumpkin
- ½tsp ground cinnamon
- ½tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼tsp ground allspice
- 50g Asda real squirty cream
- 30g toffee popcorn
1. In a pan, whisk together the milk, cream, puree, cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice until well combined.
2. Place over a medium heat and bring to the boil. Divide between 6 mugs and top with the cream and popcorn. Serve immediately.
Mulled pear and ginger punch
Ginger gives this perfect winter cocktail a hint of spice
Serves 6 Ready in 20mins Price per serving £1.42
- 1L cloudy apple juice
- 1 thumb-sized ginger piece, sliced
- 1 ripe pear, sliced
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 1tsp cardamom
- 1 ½tbsp light brown sugar
- 2 limes, juice and zest
- Golden rum, optional
1. Place all the ingredients in a large saucepan and bring to the boil and simmer until the brown sugar has dissolved.
2. Divide between 6 mugs or glasses and serve with a shot of rum (optional) and garnish with the ginger, pear and cinnamon sticks.