How versatile is a pork shoulder? Slow roast this chunk of meat for hours upon end, crisp up the crackling for a Sunday roast or season it in spices and soak up all the glorious juices – there's nothing a pork shoulder can't take on.
And, just when you think you've found the perfect way to cook this cut of meat, along comes another recipe to tantalise your taste buds.
Which is why we've rounded up the best pork shoulder recipes in one place to help you Get Your Cook On. Once you've finished your meaty creation, don't forget to tag us on Insta using @Asda and #GetYourCookOn.
The Best pork shoulder recipes
1. This Sunday (or any day) try out this hassle-free way to enjoy slow roast pork shoulder.
2. Marinated in a spicy, smoky piri piri glaze, this super-succulent roast pork joint is perfect if you want to serve something a bit different.
3. Love your slow cooker? Try out this slow cooker pulled pork recipe which takes just 10 minutes to prep but doesn't scrimp on flavour! Make it in the morning whilst your working from home and dish up at dinner time.
4. Two of the best flavour combos have to be pork and barbecue sauce. Try it for yourself with this pulled pork slow-cooked recipe.
5. Talking of pulled pork, we've come up with this slow-cooked paprika-infused recipe. Trust us when we say it's worth the 5 hours and 40 minutes it takes to cook. Or better yet, try it for yourself.
6. Add some spice to your pork shoulder with our slow-cooked pulled pork tacos. The tasty pulled meat also works well in tortilla wraps or on top of baked potatoes if that's your kinda thing.
7. Another classic pairing is pork and apples. Can you remember a Sunday roast without dolloping some apple sauce on your pork? We didn't think so! Add this pulled pork and caramelized apple recipe to your repertoire and you'll wish you had done so sooner.
8. What's better than pulled pork? A pulled pork sandwich! Pile this American-style melt-in-the-mouth pulled pork recipe onto the ciabatta, then top it with apple coleslaw and barbecue sauce. Divine!
9. Ok, we know we said a pulled pork sandwich is divine, but we'd also like to add these smokey barbecue pulled pork sliders to the 'must-try' list. We've topped ours with coleslaw and extra barbecue seasoning. Yum!
10. It doesn't have to be a special occasion to make this Irn-Bru pulled pork recipe, with neeps and tatties. The famous Scottish soft drink adds a sweet and fruity flavour to this favourite.
11. A shoulder of pork can also be transformed into a Moroccan feast. Serve this slow cooker recipe up with a fruity couscous side and drizzle over the sauce for an extra flavour hit.
12. Swap your usual beef ragu for a pulled pork offering – you won't regret it. This comforting and delicious pulled pork ragu is ideal for lazy week or weekend dining. Just remember: this slow cook recipe will take at least 5 hours to knock up.
13. Chilli a weekly favourite? Try Miguel Barclay’s hearty slow-cooked chilli dish which uses pork shoulder instead of mince for a twist on the Mexican classic. Serve alongside rice, jacket potatoes or crusty bread.
14. Pulled pork burritos are always a fan favourite. So get the kids involved with this easy-peasy recipe that's ideal for barbecue season.
Ready to Get Your Cook On? Grab your pork shoulder here and tag us on Instagram in all your creations using @Asda and #GetYourCookOn.