Pork banh mi
Be the first to rate this recipe
- 3 radishes, finely sliced
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1 shallot, finely sliced
- 75g white cabbage, very finely sliced
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced
- 2tbsp rice vinegar
- 2tsp fish sauce
- Juice 1/2 lime
- 2tsp caster sugar
- 3 x Butcher’s Selection Pork Loin Steaks
- 1tbsp sunflower oil
- 12 bake at home petits pains
- 3tbsp Asda Real Mayonnaise
- 100g Extra Special Brussels Pate
- 1tbsp chopped coriander
- 1tbsp chopped mint
Mix the radish, carrot, shallot, cabbage and chilli in a non-metallic bowl.
Add the vinegar, fish sauce, lime juice and sugar. Toss together.
Cook the steaks in the oil in a nonstick pan for 7-8 mins on each side. Set aside on a warmed plate covered in foil.
Meanwhile, cook the petits pains according to the pack instructions. While still warm, cut down the middle.
Cut the steaks into thin strips. Drain the marinade off the pickled vegetables.
Spread one side of each roll with mayo and the other with pâté.
Fill with the pork, pickled veg, coriander and mint.