Vegan burger with avocado, quinoa chips and pink pickled onions
Be the first to rate this recipe
Price: £2.30 per serving
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- Juice 2 lemons
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 2x 260g packs Asda Plant Based Meat-Free burgers
- 1 medium avocado
- 1 lime
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander
- Asda Free From 4 white rolls, halved
- 80g Eat Real Quinoa Chips sour cream & chives flavour
- 4 tbsp Koko dairy free original yogurt
- Little gem lettuce, to serve
- Tomatoes, sliced, to serve
Put the sliced red onion into a non-metallic bowl with the lemon juice and sugar, stir and set aside to pickle for 20mins, then drain.
Meanwhile, cook the burgers according to pack instructions. Mash the avocado with a fork and stir through the lime juice and chopped coriander.
Toast the rolls and spread the bun with the mashed avocado. Top with some lettuce and tomato (if using), a burger and some pickled onions, followed by the quinoa chips. Spread the top bun with a dollop of the yogurt and sandwich onto the burger before serving.