All-in-one spaghetti and meatballs
- 2tbsp rapeseed oil
- 340g pack Extra Special 12 Italian Style Meatballs
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 8 Asda Sun-Dried Tomatoes (from a jar), roughly chopped
- 1tsp dried mixed herbs
- 2 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes
- 1tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 500g pack Asda Italian Fresh Egg Spaghetti
- Shaved Parmesan and basil leaves, to garnish
Heat the oil in a large, nonstick frying pan on a medium setting. Fry the meatballs for 5 mins until starting to colour. Remove from the pan and set aside.
Add the onion to the pan and fry for 4 mins until soft but not coloured. Stir in the garlic and fry for 1 min.
Add the sun-dried tomatoes, mixed herbs, chopped tomatoes and balsamic vinegar to the pan. Bring to the boil then transfer to the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 4 hrs.
Turn the slow cooker up to high then add the spaghetti, carefully submerging it completely in the tomato sauce. Cover and cook for 5 mins or until the pasta is cooked through.
Divide between 4 bowls and top with the shaved Parmesan, basil leaves and a good grind of black pepper to serve.