Aloo Gobi (potato & cauliflower curry)
- 1 level tsp Schwartz Fennel Seeds
- 1 level tsp Asda Mustard Seeds
- 1 level tsp ground cumin
- 1 level tsp ground coriander
- 1 level tsp ground turmeric
- 2 tbsp sunfower oil
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 1cm piece root ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 green chillies, de-seeded and finely chopped, plus extra to serve
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 400g potatoes, peeled and cut into 2cm chunks
- 1 bay leaf
- 225g pack cherry tomatoes on the vine, removed from the vine and quartered
- 1 caulifower
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander, plus leaves to garnish
- Chopped red chilli, to serve
- Naan bread, to serve
Crush the fennel and mustard seeds in a pestle and mortar, or put in a small bowl and carefully crush with the end of a rolling pin. Mix with the cumin, coriander and turmeric. Set aside.
Heat the oil in a large pan and cook the onion until soft and translucent. Add the ginger and chillies and cook for 2 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Reduce the heat, add the spice mixture and stir for 1 minute. Add the potatoes and bay leaf and stir to coat. Add the tomatoes and 400ml water and heat until simmering. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, cut the caulifower into florets, discarding the tough stem and any leaves. Add to the saucepan, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
Gently stir in the chopped fresh coriander. Garnish with extra coriander leaves and serve with the red chillies and naan bread.