- 250g Butcher’s Selection Lean Beef Mince (Typically Less Than 5% Fat)
- 2tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2tsp Crowning Touch American Mustard, plus extra for serving (optional)
- 1tbsp Extra Special Cold-Pressed Rapeseed Oil, plus extra for brushing
- 1 large white onion, sliced
- 4 Baker’s Selection White Burger Buns
- 4 individual Asda Cheese Slices
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 2tbsp Asda Tangy Burger Relish
Put the mince, Worcestershire sauce and mustard in a large bowl, season with black pepper and mix with your hands. Divide into 4 and shape into patties. Put on a tray, cover in clingfilm and chill for at least 30 mins.
Preheat BBQ or griddle to medium. Brush each side of the burgers with rapeseed oil and cook for 2-3 mins on each side until done all the way through.
While the burgers are cooking, place the remaining rapeseed oil in a small pan and put on the BBQ, or on a side burner, over a medium heat. Add the onions and fry gently for 2-3 mins until just softened, but not turning brown. Set aside.
Put the burger buns cut-side down on the BBQ or griddle and toast for about 1 min, until light golden and crisp.
About 1 min before your burgers are cooked, place a slice of cheese on top of each one and let it melt slightly.
To assemble, put the bottom halves of the buns on a plate, add a little of the mustard to each, top with the burger patties, the fried onions, relish, lettuce leaves, and finally the bun lids. Serve immediately.