- 75g slightly stale bread, made into crumbs
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 level tbsp Asda Coarse Mustard
- 3 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 3 tbsp Asda Onion Chutney
- 1 large free-range egg, lightly beaten
- 500g Asda Lean Steak Mince
- 454g Asda Extra Special Pork Sausages, skin removed
- 75g carrot, grated
- 1 level tbsp mixed dried herbs
- 700g potatoes, boiled, then mashed, to serve
- 400g mixed vegetables, to serve
Pre-heat the oven to 180C/160C Fan/Gas 4. Line the base of two 1lb loaf tins or 1 2lb loaf tin with baking paper. Soak the bread in the milk for 10 minutes, then stir in the Worcestershire sauce, mustard, ketchup, chutney and egg.
Add the mince, sausage meat, carrot and herbs. Mix evenly with your hands.
Put in the tin(s). Cook for 45 minutes (small loaves) or 1 hour 10 minutes (large loaf). Drain off any liquid before serving with the mash and mixed vegetables or cooling to freeze.