Apple, watercress and asparagus soup
- 2 Granny Smith apples, pips removed, thinly sliced
- 1tsp rapeseed oil
- 1 leek, trimmed and sliced
- 1 reduced-salt vegetable stock cube
- 2 potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
- 300g Grower’s Selection Asparagus
- 85g watercress
- 1tbsp Asda 50% Less Fat Crème Fraîche
- 6 wholemeal rolls
Preheat the oven to 120C/ 100C Fan/Gas ½. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Put the apple slices on the tray and bake for 40 mins or until crisp.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large pan. Add the leeks, cover and sweat for 10 mins until soft. Add the stock cube, potato and 1L water. Simmer for 20 mins until the potato is soft.
Add the asparagus and watercress, cook for 4 mins, then blend until smooth.
Top with crème fraîche and apple crisps, and serve with wholemeal rolls.