Apricot chicken with vegetable rice
Be the first to rate this recipe
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 level tbsp Asda Mild Curry Powder
- 2 x 350g bags Chosen by you Cooked Diced Chicken Breast (frozen)
- 75g dried apricots, cut into quarters
- 1 chicken stock cube, dissolved in 300ml boiling water
- 200g frozen broccoli
- 800g bag Chosen by you Golden Vegetable Rice Steam Bags (frozen)
Fry the onion in the oil over a medium heat until soft. Stir in the curry powder and cook for 1 minute. Add the frozen chicken and apricots and stir to coat well.
Pour over the hot stock and add the broccoli. Simmer for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook the rice according to the packet instructions, in a microwave or on the hob.
Remove the chicken from the heat. Take out most of the apricots with a slotted spoon and put in a bowl. Add 100ml of the cooking liquid to the apricots. Whizz with a hand-held blender.
Stir the apricot mixture into the chicken, and heat through. Serve with the rice.