Aubergine & bulgur wheat rolls
- 100g bulgur wheat
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 aubergines, trimmed and sliced lengthways
- 1 small parsnip, peeled and grated
- 1 small cooked beetroot, drained and finely diced
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 small apple, cored and grated
- 2 tbsp pomegranate seeds
- 1 tbsp pecans, chopped
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Chopped parsley, to serve
Prepare the bulgur wheat as instructed on the pack.
Brush 2 tbsp of the oil on the aubergine slices. Cook on a barbecue or griddle for 3 minutes each side. Set aside.
Mix the bulgur wheat, remaining oil and the other ingredients in a bowl. Spoon onto the aubergine slices, roll up and scatter with the parsley. Serve.