Aubergine, chickpea & feta salad with sumac dressing
- 1 aubergine, topped, tailed and sliced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 400g can Good & Balanced Chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 150g Chosen by you Greek Feta, crumbled
- 150g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 2 tsp flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp ground sumac
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
Brush the aubergine slices with 1 tbsp of the oil. Heat a griddle pan until hot. Cook the aubergine slices for 3 minutes on each side. Set aside.
Put the chickpeas, feta, cherry tomatoes, red onion and parsley in a large bowl and toss together gently. Add the aubergine slices.
To make the dressing, whisk together 2 tbsp olive oil, lemon juice, sumac and garlic. Toss the salad in the dressing just before serving.