Aubergine & pancetta bake
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 500g pack Asda Frozen Chargrilled Aubergine Slices
- 120g pack Asda Diced Pancetta
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 x 400g can Asda Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 vegetable stock cube, crumbled
- 2 x 125g packs Asda Mozzarella, drained and sliced
- 25g pack basil, leaves only, shredded
- 50g freshly grated Parmesan
Pre-heat the oven to 190C/170C Fan/Gas 5. Oil two baking trays, lay the aubergine out and brush with the remaining oil. Bake for 10 minutes.
Cook the pancetta in a pan. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add the sugar, tomatoes and stock cube. Simmer for 5 minutes.
Spread a third of the tomato mixture in a 2 litre ovenproof dish. Arrange half the aubergines on top and cover with half the mozzarella. Scatter over the shredded basil.
Repeat the layers and cover with the rest of the tomatoes. Sprinkle with the Parmesan and bake for 25 minutes.