Aubergine rolls with ricotta and Mediterranean veg stuffing
- 2 large aubergines
- 2tbsp rapeseed oil
- 125g Asda Ricotta
- 100g frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 100g roasted red peppers (from a jar), drained and sliced
- 100g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- 2tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
Preheat the oven to 190C/170C Fan/Gas 5.
Slice the aubergines lengthways into strips 0.5cm thick. Heat a griddle pan on high until it smokes. Brush the aubergines with half of the oil; cook in batches for 2-3 mins on each side until char lines appear. Set aside.
Mix ricotta, spinach, roasted peppers, cherry tomatoes and red onion until combined. Season with ground black pepper.
Top each aubergine slice with a little of the ricotta mixture and roll up so the ends overlap.
Place the rolls, join-side down on a baking tray. Bake for 20 mins. Drizzle with the remaining 1tbsp rapeseed oil and sprinkle with black pepper and parsley to serve.