Aubergine & tomato baked eggs
Be the first to rate this recipe
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, halved and finely sliced
- 1 red peppers, de-seeded and sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, de-seeded and sliced
- 1 aubergine, topped, tailed and cut into 1cm cubes
- 390g carton Chosen by you Chopped Tomatoes with Garlic
- 2 tbsp Chosen by you Green Pesto
- 4 large eggs
- 40g reduced-fat Cheddar, grated
- Crusty wholemeal bread, to serve
Pre-heat the oven to 190C/170C Fan/Gas 5. Grease an ovenproof dish about 20cm x 26cm. Heat the oil in a frying pan. Add the onion and peppers and cook over a medium heat until the onion is soft.
Add the aubergine and continue to cook over a medium heat, stirring, for another 4 minutes.
Add the tomatoes and pesto and bring to the boil. Simmer for 4 minutes, then transfer to the dish.
Cook in the oven for 10 minutes. Remove and use a large spoon to make 4 wells in the veg mixture.
Break an egg in each hole, then sprinkle the cheese on the eggs.
Cook in the oven for 10 minutes or until the whites are set and yolks are runny. For firmer eggs, cook for 12 minutes. Serve with bread.