Bacon-wrapped cod with baked Parmesan risotto
- 2tsp rapeseed oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 sprig thyme, leaves picked
- 100g risotto rice
- 50ml dry white wine (or extra stock)
- 1 reduced-salt chicken stock cube, dissolved in 450ml boiling water
- 25g Parmesan, finely grated
- 1tbsp panko breadcrumbs
- 15g hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- 260g pack Extra Special Cod Loin
- 4 rashers smoked streaky bacon
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 100g green beans, trimmed
Preheat the oven to 180C/160C Fan/Gas 4.
Heat 1tsp of the oil in a pan on a medium setting, add the shallot, cover and fry for 5 mins until softened. Remove the lid add the garlic and thyme leaves and cook for a further 2 mins.
Add the rice and stir to combine. Pour in the white wine and cook until reduced by half. Gradually add the stock, stirring constantly for about 20 mins until the rice is just tender.
Remove from the heat, stir through half the Parmesan and season with freshly ground black pepper. Pour into an ovenproof dish and top with the remaining Parmesan, the breadcrumbs and chopped hazelnuts. Bake for 15-20 mins until cooked through.
Meanwhile, cut the cod into 2 portions. Wrap 2 rashers of bacon around each portion and a sprig of rosemary.
Heat the remaining oil in a nonstick frying pan over a medium setting and fry the cod for 3-4 mins on each side until cooked through.
Bring a pan of water to the boil, add the green beans and cook for 3 mins. Drain, season with black pepper and serve with the cod and baked risotto.