Baked aubergine halves with a chorizo crumble
- 100g Extra Special Spanish Chorizo, finely chopped
- 2tbsp Asda Red Pesto
- 1/2 red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 50g Asda Nocellara Olives, destoned and sliced
- 2 medium salad tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 aubergines
- 20g whole hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- Handful of basil leaves, to garnish
Preheat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6.
Mix together the chorizo, red pesto, red onion, olives and tomatoes until combined.
Halve the aubergines lengthways and score the flesh in a 2mm-deep crisscross pattern. Arrange the halves on a large baking tray, with the cut sides facing up, then spread the chorizo mixture over the top of each one. Bake the aubergines for 30-35 mins until the flesh is tender.
Sprinkle over the chopped hazelnuts, then scatter with a handful of small basil leaves, to garnish. Serve immediately.