- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 level tsp Asda Onion Granules
- 1 level tsp mustard powder
- 400g can chopped tomatoes with garlic
- 2 level tsp soft brown sugar
- 5 level tbsp tomato purée
- 2 level tsp dried mixed herbs
- 2 x 300g cans haricot beans in water, (or cannellini beans in water), drained and rinsed
- 4 basil leaves
- 4 thick slices of bread, toasted, to serve
Heat the oil and gently fry the onion granules and mustard powder for 1 minute, stirring.
Add the tomatoes, sugar, tomato purée and herbs. Heat to a simmer and cook gently, uncovered, for 4 minutes. Take off the heat and add contents to a bowl. Allow to cool slightly.
Blitz the tomato sauce with a hand-held blender until smooth.
Return the sauce to the pan and add the haricot beans. Simmer over a medium heat for 3-4 minutes.
Tear the basil leaves into pieces and stir into the sauce. Serve on toasted bread.