Baked fish with pepper topping
- 50g butter
- 1 red pepper, de-seeded and cut into 1cm pieces
- 1 yellow pepper, de-seeded and cut into 1cm pieces
- 1 green pepper, de-seeded and cut into 1cm pieces
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and sliced
- 4 vine-ripened tomatoes, halved, de-seeded and roughly chopped
- 4 sea bass fillets (about 125g each)
- 50g fresh breadcrumbs
- Sprig of fresh thyme (the leaves only)
- 1 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 25g freshly grated Parmesan
Pre-heat the oven to 190C/170C Fan/Gas 5. Melt half the butter in a pan and cook the red, yellow and green peppers, spring onions and tomatoes over a medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until the peppers are tender. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Put the sea bass fillets skin side up in a greased ovenproof dish or roasting tin. Top with the pepper mixture.
Melt the rest of the butter in a pan, then add the breadcrumbs, thyme leaves, flat-leaf parsley and grated Parmesan, mixing well. Sprinkle over the pepper topping and bake in the oven for 20 minutes. You can serve this dish with salad and new potatoes, if liked.