Baked tomatoes with crumb topping
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6 large vine tomatoes (or 12 medium vine tomatoes), halved
- 25g butter
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and chopped
- 80g pack Asda Sliced Pancetta, cut into small pieces
- 75g fresh white breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp chopped thyme leaves
- 25g Parmesan, grated
- 25g mature Cheddar, grated
Pre-heat the oven 180C/160C Fan/Gas 4. Grease a shallow ovenproof dish or baking tray with a little of the oil – it should be just large enough to hold the tomatoes in a single layer. Arrange the tomatoes evenly on the tray, cut side up.
Heat the rest of the oil in a pan with the butter. Add the chopped spring onions and pancetta and cook over a medium heat for 3-4 minutes.
Tip into a bowl and add the breadcrumbs, thyme leaves, Parmesan and Cheddar. Season to taste.
Spoon the crumb topping on the tomatoes and bake for 15-20 minutes or until crisp on the top.