Banana blossom burrito bowl
- 1tbsp rapeseed oil
- 510g tin banana blossom in brine, drained and roughly chopped
- 500g jar Asda Hot Chilli Cooking Sauce, or Asda Mild Chilli Cooking Sauce if preferred
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 50ml white wine vinegar
- 2mixed coloured peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 sachet Asda Wholegrain Micro Rice
- 1 large avocado, destoned
- Juice of 1 lime, plus wedges to serve
- 15g coriander
- 400g tin Asda Pinto Beans, drained and rinsed
Heat 1 tsp of the oil in a saucepan and fry the chopped banana blossom for a couple of minutes. Pour in the chilli cooking sauce and bring to a simmer. Cook over low heat for 15-20mins, until reduced and the banana blossom is falling apart.
Put the red onion in a non-metallic bowl with vinegar and leave to pickle for 20mins, stirring occasionally.
Heat the rest of the oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Cook the peppers for 8-10mins, stirring regularly, until softened and browned.
Once the onion and peppers are cooked, heat the rice according to pack instructions.
Scoop the avocado into a bowl and mash with the lime juice and some of the coriander.
To assemble, put a little rice in the bottom of each bowl. Top with sections of the banana blossom, peppers, mashed avocado and the beans.
Serve each bowl with a wedge of lime to squeeze over and a sprinkle of the remaining coriander.