- 250g wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1 and 1/2 level tsp baking powder
- 1 level tsp mixed spice
- 125g light soft brown sugar
- 50g sunflower seeds
- 100g dates (cut into raisin-size pieces)
- 2 large free range eggs
- 2 large very ripe bananas
- 75g butter, melted and left to cool slightly
- 125ml semi-skimmed milk
- 1/2 tsp Asda Extra Special Vanilla Extract
Pre-heat the oven to 190C/170C Fan/Gas 5. Line 10 muffin tray cups with paper muffin cases. Sift the flour, baking powder and mixed spice into a large bowl. Add the bits of bran left in the sieve. Stir in the brown sugar, sunflower seeds and dates
Lightly beat the eggs with a fork in a small bowl. Peel the bananas and put them in another bowl. Mash them with a fork and add to the eggs with the melted butter, milk and vanilla extract.
Add the liquid mixture to the flour mixture and stir with a spoon until you have a lumpy mixture. Don’t over mix or you will spoil them.
Spoon into the paper cases and bake for about 25 minutes or until the tops spring back when lightly pressed. Cool on a wire rack.