Banana, pecan & date muffins
- 100g butter, melted, plus 10g for the topping
- 175g light soft brown sugar
- 300g very ripe bananas (peeled weight)
- 2 medium eggs, lightly beaten
- 275g plain flour
- 1/2 level tsp salt
- 2 1/2 level tsp baking powder
- 1 level tsp cinnamon, plus 1/2 level tsp for the topping
- 50g pecans, chopped
- 125g dried stoned dates, cut into raisin-size pieces
- 65g granulated sugar
Pre-heat the oven to 180C/160C Fan/Gas 4. Line a muffin tin with 12 paper muffin cases. Stir the butter and sugar together.
In another bowl, mash the bananas with a fork, then add to the butter and sugar and mix well. Stir in the eggs.
Sift together the flour, salt, baking powder and cinnamon. Stir this mixture into the banana mixture with the pecans and dates.
Divide between the paper cases. Mix together the granulated sugar, 10g melted butter and 1/2 tsp cinnamon. Sprinkle evenly over the muffins.
Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the tops spring back when lightly pressed. Eat warm or cold.