Barbecued butterflied leg of lamb with Moroccan marinade
- 3tbsp Asda Fat Free Greek Style Natural Yogurt
- 1tbsp harissa paste
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1tbsp ground coriander
- 1 red onion grated
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1tbsp rapeseed oil
- 25g Grower’s Selection Coriander leaves picked and stalks chopped
- Black pepper
- 0.9kg Butcher’s Selection Boneless Lamb Leg Joint
- 85g pack Grower’s Selection Watercress
- Extra Special Mint Sauce
For the marinade, put the yogurt in a bowl. Add harissa paste, garlic, coriander, onion, lemon, rapeseed oil, coriander and black pepper. Mix together.
Unroll the lamb joint and lay out as flat as possible. Massage the marinade over it, then cover with clingfilm, put in the fridge and leave for at least 2 hrs, or ideally overnight.
About 10-20 mins before you’re ready to cook the lamb, light your BBQ – the heat needs to be high.
Put the lamb on the hot grill (or a hot griddle if cooking indoors) and cook for 10 mins each side until crisp, golden and done through. Put on a warm plate, cover with foil and rest for 30 mins.
Carve the lamb and serve with watercress, mint sauce and roast lemon garnish.