Bean and pesto soup
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 to 1 tsp dried crushed chillies
- 150g carrots, peeled and diced
- 750ml vegetable stock made with 1 stock cube
- 2 x 300g cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 8 tbsp Asda Green Pesto
- 160g bag washed baby spinach
- 75g Parmesan, grated
Heat the oil in a saucepan, add the onion and cook until soft. Add the garlic and crushed chillies and cook for a minute. Add the carrots and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes.
Add the stock and beans, and bring to the boil. Cover, then simmer for 5 minutes. Remove 2 large spoonfuls of the beans and carrots with a draining spoon and set aside.
Spoon 4 tbsp of the pesto into the soup and purée with a hand-held blender or processor. Stir in the reserved veg and heat until simmering.
Add the spinach; simmer for 3 minutes. To serve, swirl the rest of the pesto on top and sprinkle with Parmesan.