- 200g Asda Organic Dried Exotic Bean Mix
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 15g butter
- 250g chestnut mushrooms, halved
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 500ml hot vegetable stock
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
- ½ jar 280g Asda Extra Special Semi-Dried Tomatoes, drained
- ½ jar 280g Asda Roasted Red Peppers, drained
- 2 courgettes, thickly sliced
- 1 tbsp cornflour
Soak the beans as per instructions. Drain, rinse and put in a pan with fresh water. Boil for 10 minutes. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 70 minutes. Drain, then put in a casserole dish.
Pre-heat the oven to 180C/160C Fan/Gas 4. Heat the oil in a pan and cook the onion. Add half the butter, the mushrooms and garlic and cook for 4-5 minutes. Add to the casserole along with the purée, stock, oregano, parsley, tomatoes and peppers. Cover and cook in the oven for 30 minutes.
Heat the rest of the butter in a pan and cook the courgettes for 2-3 minutes. Add to the casserole, cover and cook for 5 minutes. Mix the cornflour with water and stir in. Cook for another 5 minutes.