Bean & vegetable chilli
- 125g canned kidney beans
- 100g canned black-eyed beans
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 stick celery, sliced
- 1 level tsp dried cumin
- 1 red pepper, de-seeded and sliced
- 1 green pepper, de-seeded and sliced
- 2 x 400g cans Asda Chopped Tomatoes with Chillies and Peppers
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1-2 tsp dried oregano
- 200ml vegetable stock (made with 1 gluten-free stock cube)
- 150g frozen sweetcorn
- 4 tbsp sour cream, to serve
- Fresh coriander, to serve
Drain the beans, then set them aside.
Heat the oil in the pan, add the onion, carrots and celery and stir to coat all the vegetables in oil. Cover and cook over a low heat for 10 minutes.
Stir in the cumin, then add the red and green peppers, canned tomatoes, sugar, oregano and stock.
Return the beans to the pan, cover and simmer for 1 hour, then add the sweetcorn and simmer for another 5 minutes. Serve with sour cream and a sprinkling of chopped fresh coriander.