Beef aubergine moussaka
- 100g Frozen for Freshness Diced Onions
- 250g Butcher’s Selection Lean Beef Mince (Typically less than 5% fat)
- 3tbsp Asda Moroccan Seasoning
- 1tbsp rapeseed oil
- 4tbsp Tomato Purée
- 2tbsp fresh coriander, finely chopped plus extra to garnish
- 2 large aubergines
- 25g sachet Asda Parsley Sauce Mix
- 275ml semi-skimmed milk
- Salad to serve
Cook the onions, mince and Moroccan seasoning in the oil for 5 mins. Add the tomato purée and 200ml water, then simmer gently for 5 mins.
Halve the aubergines lengthways, score a criss-cross pattern into the flesh of the cut sides and wrap each half in clingfilm. Working in 2 batches, microwave for 5 mins. Scoop out the flesh, reserving the skins, and stir into the mince mixture along with the coriander.
Preheat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6. Make the parsley sauce according to the pack instructions. Divide the mince mixture between the reserved aubergine skins and top with sauce. Bake for 20 mins. Garnish with coriander and serve with the salad on the side.