Beef strip bibimbap with smashed cucumber salad
- 1tsp sesame oil
- 1tbsp miso paste
- 1tbsp chilli sauce
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2tbsp reduced salt soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2tsp brown sugar
- 2 sirloin steaks, thinly sliced
- 1 cucumber, smashed with a rolling pin and cut into chunks
- 1 large carrot, peeled and sliced into ribbons with a vegetable peeler
- 100g frozen broad beans, simmered for 5 minutes, cooled
- 1tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1tsp caster sugar
- 2tsp sesame seeds
- 200g basmati rice
Mix together the sesame oil, miso paste, chilli sauce, onion, soy sauce, garlic, brown sugar and beef. Stir to combine and leave to marinate in a non-metallic bowl for 30mins.
Meanwhile, combine the cucumber, carrot, broadbeans, vinegar, caster sugar and sesame seeds and crush with the back of a fork.
Place a large non-stick frying pan or wok over a high heat. Add the beef mixture and stir-fry for 4-5mins until cooked throughout.
Cook the rice according to packet instructions.
Serve the beef with the rice and cucumber.