Beef kofta kebabs
- 1red onion, sliced
- Juice and zest 1 lemon
- 6 radishes, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic
- 500g Butcher’s Selection Lean Beef Steak Mince (typically less than 5% tat)
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1 egg, beaten
- 25g pack Grower’s Selection Coriander, leaves picked and stalks finely chopped
- 1tbsp Asda Piri Piri Seasoning
- 3tbsp Asda Fat Free Greek Style Yogurt
- 8 white mini pittas
- 1 Baby Gem lettuce, thinly shredded
- 1 pack Grower’s Selection Vine Ripened Cherry Tomatoes, sliced
- YOU WILL ALSO NEED
- 8 bamboo skewers
Soak the skewers in water. Preheat the grill on high.
Mix the sliced onion with the lemon juice and radishes in a small, nonmetallic bowl. Set aside to pickle for 20 mins.
Meanwhile, halve 1 clove
garlic. Reserve one half.
Crush the remaining 2½
cloves; put in a large bowl.
Add the mince, carrot, egg, coriander stalks, piri piri and some black pepper. Mix with your hands, shape into 8 ‘sausages’, then thread each lengthways onto a skewer.
Grill on a nonstick baking tray for 10 mins, turning halfway through, until cooked and evenly golden.
Meanwhile, crush the remaining ½ clove garlic and mix with the yogurt.
Drain the pickles.
Grill the pittas to warm; cut open on one long side. Fill with the lettuce, tomato, koftas and pickles and serve with the yogurt on the side