Beef Wellington empanadas
- 75g button mushrooms, finely sliced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1tsp chopped thyme leaves
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 200g sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 150g Extra Special Brussels Pate
- 1 egg
- 2tbsp milk
- 1tsp turmeric or paprika
- 2 x 375g packs Chosen by you Ready Rolled Puff Pastry
Cook the mushroom, onion and thyme in the oil in a nonstick pan for 5-6 mins until soft and any excess moisture has evaporated. Set aside to cool.
Mix the mushroom mixture with the steak, pâté and 1tbsp water. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg, milk and turmeric or paprika.
Preheat the oven to 200C/ 180C Fan/Gas 6.
Roll out the pastry to make it slightly thinner. Cut out 12 x 12cm pastry circles. Brush the edges with the egg mixture.
Add spoonfuls of the steak mixture on one side of each circle and fold the pastry over. Push the edges down with a fork to seal.
Transfer to a baking tray and brush with the egg mixture. Bake for 20-25 mins until golden.