Beetroot and gin-cured salmon with prosecco mustard
- 500g Asda Half Salmon Side
- 120ml Beet It Organic Beetroot Juice
- 30ml gin
- Dill sprigs, to serve
- 100g Maille Dijon Originale Mustard
- 1tsp wholegrain mustard
- 20cl extra-dry prosecco miniature
- 1tsp honey
- Very thin, crisp slices of toasted ciabatta, to serve (optional)
Check the salmon for small bones and, using a clean pair of tweezers, gently pull out any you find. Skin the fillet.
Put the salmon, beetroot juice and gin in a plastic bag, seal and sit it in a small plastic container – the fish needs to be completely covered by the liquid. Chill in the fridge for 12-24 hrs, turning the bag over every 6-8 hrs.
Remove the salmon from the bag and gently pat dry with kitchen roll. Transfer to a serving platter and garnish with the dill sprigs.
Mix the Dijon and wholegrain mustards with the prosecco and honey. Season with ground black pepper to taste.
Serve the salmon in very thin slices, with the mustard dressing and ciabatta toast on the side.