Beetroot soup with baked feta
Price: 45p per serving
- FOR THE SOUP
- 500g bunch beetroot, peeled and chopped
- 2tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 litre beef or vegetable stock
- 1tbsp apple cider vinegar
- FOR THE BAKED FETA
- 200g feta
- ½ red pepper, finely chopped
- ½ green pepper, finely chopped
- ½ small red onion, finely chopped
- 2tbsp olive oil
Preheat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas Mark 6.
In a large saucepan, heat the rapeseed oil and fry the onion and garlic for 1 min. Add the beetroot, stock and cider vinegar and bring to a simmer. Cook for 45 mins.
20 mins before the soup is ready, place the feta onto a baking tray. Cover the feta with the peppers and onion then drizzle with the oil. Bake for 20 mins.
Take the soup off of the heat, carefully pour into a blender and blend until smooth. You may need to add a splash of water if the soup is too thick.
To serve, pour the soup into bowls, cut the feta into chunks and add a few pieces to the middle of each bowl.