- 4 spring onions, trimmed and finely sliced
- 1 red pepper, de-seeded and cut into pieces about the size of a pea
- 3 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 medium eggs
- 75ml milk
- 85g self-raising flour
- 1/2 level tsp chilli powder
- 1 level tsp ground cumin
- 2 x 300g cans Asda Black Eye Beans, drained and rinsed
- Salad, to serve
- Sweet chilli dip, to serve
Cook the spring onions and red pepper in 1 tbsp of the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat for 3-4 minutes, until slightly softened. Tip into a bowl and set aside to use later.
Put the eggs, milk, flour, chilli powder, cumin and a pinch of salt in a bowl. Mix with a wire whisk to form a thick batter. Stir in the spring onions and red pepper with the black-eye beans.
Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large frying pan. Heap spoonfuls of batter into the pan, one at a time, leaving a gap between each. Fry the fritters for 2-3 minutes on each side, until golden brown. Keep warm while you cook the rest. Add more oil to the pan when needed.
Serve with salad and sweet chilli sauce.