Tom Kerridge’s blackberry and yogurt fool
Be the first to rate this recipe
- 300g blackberries (fresh or frozen)
- 2 or 3 Granny Smith apples, peeled and diced
- 2 balls preserved stem ginger in syrup, drained and finely chopped
- ½tsp ground cardamom or 3 whole pods, crushed
- 4tbsp granulated sweetener
- 400g fat-free Greek yogurt
- 300g full-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 vanilla pod, split and seeds scraped
- 15g pistachios, chopped
For the compote, put the blackberries, apples, ginger, cardamom and ½ the sweetener into a small pan with 100ml water. Simmer over a medium-high heat for 8-10 mins or until the apples are tender and the compote is syrupy. Leave to cool completely.
Put both yogurts into a large bowl; add the vanilla and remaining sweetener. Whisk well to combine.
Fold ½ the compote into the yogurt mixture until rippled through. Divide between 4 bowls, spoon over the remaining compote and sprinkle over the pistachios to serve.